Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Mirror, Mirror, on the wall...

Isabela,
Today you accompanied me at the mall for some retail therapy. You were such a wonderful companion in helping me choose colors you thought would look pretty on me and then judging the clothes once they draped my body. When we got home, you wanted to play "Makeover". I said "huh?". Makeover? Like you need a makeover? I figured out what you meant. You wanted your hair straight ironed, your face adorned with colorful powders and you pulled out different articles of clothing from YOUR closet. You simply wanted some time to have fun with girly fashion and express yourself, even though I had no idea how you could possibly be any more beautiful. But, what fun it was, all the while my heart was aching. Oh, how fast you are growing up. I see you becoming more like me. But, I will tell you this, the older you get, the clearer you express your love to me. What a treat for me! Thank you for my daily reminders. I live for them.


Con Carino ,
Mami

No comments: