Tuesday, March 24, 2009

World News brought to you by Sam!

Today was Day #2 of being a full-time Stay-at-home-mom for a 6 month period. I wish I can say it's normal mommy day-to-day stuff, but it's not. It's that and then some. I will go into detail later, but it's all about getting ready for surgery. It's all about getting ready to abandon our home for several weeks. It's about leaving everything in order just in case we are gone for months. I learned a thing or two from our first jaunt with heart surgery.

Through-out the day I was thinking about how for at least the next three-four months, I will not have an outlet, an occasional sitter or an independent activity, away from Mommy duties, but especially that I have to continue to sacrifice any professional ambitions that I may yearn for right now. I have been approached about a couple of new professional roles that seem intriguing for the next school year, but they require a full-time schedule. And I can not. As hard as it may be to reject the possibility, I am completely obligated and willing to embrace my role and love that I have this time for Isabela. Even when she's in school in August, I need to be at arm's length. If only God would have cut me from a different mold, one in which being out in the world, working in my community, wasn't something I need to feed off of. But, ok, at least Sammy gets to. It's funny how seeing your loved ones be so thrilled in their lives, suddenly makes you so happy and satisfied, even if it's with a little bit of jealousy!

Sammy's day-to-day professional responsibility is to make sure that the local ABC news makes it on air without a hitch, at every single news cast. Today was different. His job was to make sure the news made it on air locally AND on a national/world platform. Charlie Gibson from ABC WORLD NEWS has been at his tv station the last couple of days to cover the Houston economy and NASA's plans. Sam got to pal around with him and collaborated with his team for AMERICA to see!! Way to go Mr. IT Manager!
Don't worry about me, Sweetie. I cooked up a storm today and left the kitchen for you to clean!

Btw, behind the scenes, Sam said he was super nice and easy to work with. Tune in!

(My time will come.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Did it air today? You have to warn me about these things, as I don't watch TV on a regular basis!

And, I so should have stopped by today. I thought about it since we were in your neck of the woods trying to find a paint store, but I figured you were at work and we were going to be late for an air conditioner man appointment. Oh, well.