Sunday, May 9, 2010

Coming Into the Closet

When strolling through one of the most premier shopping areas in the country, the Magnificent Mile in Chicago, I picked up a few things here and there. Ok, let's be honest. Let's just say that I bought enough to wear a completely new outfit every day for a few weeks. But, before leaving, I stumbled upon a new shoe store in Houston, Nordstrom Rack Room shoes, and bought precisely 9 pairs of designer shoes, for non-designer prices. However, as much of a thrill I got from tossing old, tired clothes to make room for my crisp new ones, mounds of that and more could never beat the excitement of what Crystal, Sammy and Isabela did in my closet for me today, for 5 straight hours, for none other than Mom's Day. I got all new wood hangers for each garment in my closet! And... other storage solutions, with better order! I literally screamed and jumped up and down when opening my eyes. Sammy and Crystal are always all about out-doing themselves with sweet, out-of-this-world surprises for me. They always amaze me. This time, it's way out of the ball park. I am one pleased Mama.






Sam already has these particular hangers. Crystal couldn't see her clothes hanging in her dorm room without them. Even Isabela has nice, practical hangers for her clothes. Me? Although I always longed for them, I stayed true to the wire ones, compliments of our Cleaners. Because I have the most size-able collection of clothes in this house, I couldn't see spending the money for 250+ wood hangers I would need for those pieces needing to linger from a pole. But, today, without ever having to verbalize my yearning, I sure am glad that Sammy, Crystal and Isabela thought that I did need to spoil my clothes in such a way.

Gosh, just look at this beauty!!!





I know most people think it's no big deal, having seen their clothes treated in such a way for quite some time, if not always. But, for me, it's quite a long way from having to wait 3-4 months to have the retail store release my clothes to me from their lay-away service, on those sturdy, plastic hangers. Long, long way.


-- Posted from my iPhone

No comments: