At the moment, I thought that was the hardest part. But, well, let me just copy and paste what I texted Daniela a few hours ago, in a hasty need to vent to someone. Someone I knew would listen.

"This single mom stuff is for the birds! Sam left 6 hrs ago for Chicago, Isabela cried for one hour, 1 bday party at children's museum, 1 soccer party, errands, and one little girl who likely has strep! And, oh, Sam's flight is about to ascend, 4 hr delay due to Illinois weather. 4 hours he could have spent at home. Not fun!
Now, if I could only find time to start on 3 papers needing completion by Tuesday night. :-00)
Thanks for listening!"
Shamelessly, I called my mother. Now that my Sunday afternoon and most of Monday are not available for completing projects for my end of semester finals, I can't afford to forcefully hold my head up high in an effort to stroke my ego.
Nonetheless, life is great. Isabela will get meds from her pediatrician tomorrow morning, I know God will bless us with a fantastic comprehensive cardiology visit tomorrow afternoon, Sam will get to enjoy some new Television Broadcasting information and I will manage to pour my heart into topics such as "Prison Education" and "School Leadership Culture Audits for Transformation". How could we not make it through with my mother's version of "chicken soup"? Menudo at it's best; tripe, hominy, chili peppers, onion, cilantro and a Pinch of lime.

It better work! I have this huge educational field trip planned for Isabela. In 2 days, we leave for an exciting out-of-Texas exploration of culture, arts and cuisine. An experience her PreK classroom can't give her at her desk.
My only mistake today was us not leaving when Sam did.

I should mention, although I also enjoy a good bowl of Menudo, my mother provided something a little different to jolt my spirits. Fresh, spicy pork tamales! Ay desk-side. Que rico!
Getting my fill of real Mexican cuisine from my mother's kitchen. I hardly dare to eat the fare in most places in Texas. Can't even imagine being tantilized with it in Chicago.

-- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:
Post a Comment