Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Good Kind of Long Day

Today was one of those kind of days that didn't go as planned, but turned out even better than any carefully designed plan.




We missed out on a special walk to honor our friends' 2 yr old daughter's fight with cancer. Sam had a long, business call. We spent about an hour longer at brunch, because the food and company was just too delightful (Hugo's). But, that turned out ok, because my plans to do homework this afternoon were tossed out the window when Mario asked if they could all come over to our house to watch The Masters -golf. I certainly was ok with that! So for about 5 hours, there was very minimal conversation between adults, and I painted, ran, drew with sidewalk chalk, played outside and read with Isabela and Diego. That's never uncommon for us. We can spend hours together, even with only a 5 word exchange, and feel like it was the best day ever.




Come to think of it, we have spent the last 3 Saturdays together and it still doesn't feel like enough. I love that. For our next planned "togetherness", we should be strolling down The Magnificent Mile!

Life changes, feelings change, people change. For now, I am taking it all in. One deep, harmonious breath.

(Raveena, you must join the after-party next time! And, you still have time to book a flight!)

-- Posted from my iPhone

No comments: