Created a monthly spending budget now that she is moving in to her first apartment, one block from UT-Austin.
Searched and arranged pick-up for a beautiful 1938 wood desk.
Came up with ideas on how to fairly share household chores with her 2 roommates.
Talked about her latest girlfriend "drama".
And after all that, after 7 hours completing one complex school project, we watched 3 episodes, over white wine, of what I have made our newly discovered family addiction - Mad Men (we are 3 seasons behind). Oh, forgot to mention that Isabela developed a fever in the midst of it all. No, she did not watch Mad Men. So, after wondering how the heck I got through all that, I finally made it to my bed at 1:30 a.m. to find this...

(not sure why this pic has that yellow stain under the bed)
Oh, just when you think your baby is so ready to go and be on her own, I get to teach her one more lesson- How to wash and dry non-polyester, cotton sheets without letting wrinkles set in. While I usually have a hard time looking at wrinkled sheets, I couldn't help stopping at my bed to smile with awe. Wrinkles don't seem so annoying when they are made with love. You see, while I was retreating in our study today, she was making sure I had something nice to slip into afterward.
Thanks for making my bed, my TweetyBaby. I love still being your mom!

-- Posted from my iPhone

1 comment:
Sheets without wrinkles??? You'll have to come and teach me, too. :)
Post a Comment