Monday, November 8, 2010

9 teachers x 8 hours = PLC Tuesday

PLC= Professional Learning Communities. It's a popular acronym being thrown around among educators these days. However, participation in them isn't always a highly-acclaimed thing to want to do. Most teachers hate them, most teachers don't know how to truly be an effective, contributing member in them.

At my campus, as an "Instructional Leader", I have the honor of facilitating 8 meetings, one per grade level, every other Tuesday. My mission is to improve instructional practices. Better teachers for better student achievement. So, every other Monday night, like tonight, I spend hours preparing the agendas after selecting the learning focus. Tomorrow's ? We are looking at standardized test data from last year and discussing implications. My main goal? Engage teachers by stimulating their brain in an effort to not bore them because then they will start complaining about things they can not change. Like the new Superintendent.

8 meetings, about 70 teachers, only a 20 minute break. Quite honestly, I love this gig.




-- Posted from my iPhone

No comments: