With such mixed emotions, I am doing my very best to prepare you for what will be your 3rd major hear surgery. Your Papi and I talked this evening about how awful we feel that you really do not know what you are about to contend with. We have been trying to "hype it up" for you for the last several months by making it sound like this huge party that will be "oh so fun!", just to strengthen your spirits and relieve any potential fear. Sadly, it will be anything but that. Knowing that, besides me, your Papi, Crystal, all your friends, Pops and Grandma have been a big part of sending you off to your hard work of healing by making sure you have such special, fun filled days prior to the surgery. The most lovely part is that I didn't really have to ask anyone to join me. You are so loved and treasured, that every single person you have adored in your 4 years, has asked to be a part of it. I will admit, that there were times that I really just wanted you for myself. But, once again, your Auntie Valerie's wise words prevailed and reminded me that I need to share you with this world. The most magnificent thing is, that you appreciate every bit of that love. .JPG)
(missing Kendrick, Dylan and Reagan)
I also want you to know that I just can't wait to show you off in the ICU. While you were there and intubated most of your 6 month stay, I sat or stood in your room very quietly and inadvertently listened to the sounds around me. Sadly, a lot of those sounds were of children not being so nice to their nurses or their own parents. I do understand now how easy it is to want to have a softer approach in raising a child with special needs, but I swore to your nurses when I left there that you would return with tenderness, appreciation and respect. I have no doubt that everyone there will find it so easy to love you...just look at how you turned out!
I hope we succeeded in giving you the happiest life you may have wished for. I promise to comply to all of those other wishes that you have been banking as the "after surgery" activities. Yes, even the very dreaded Chuck E. Cheese. Until then, I am talking with God so intimately and strongly, all the while, looking for that same woman who was filled with so much vigor in caring for you in that hospital for those 6 months. I will be that woman, once again, just for you. Whatever it takes.
So, I present to you, from my eyes, your Special Moments :
Just because...
look at her jammies, Christina!
Crystal receiving her special chocolates from a little cholatier we know of in NYC, Jacques Torres.
Nothing makes you happier than being surrounded by food. You love Edemame! We went to this special little Thai restaurant in Austin and asked the chef to make us our own off-the-menu dishes!
Your last day of school before isolation. I was told by many of your friends that they love you so much. The little girl pictured is Tirza. When we left, she cried uncontrollably for you. As a matter of fact, your teacher aid told me that she believed you were the most popular student all the way up until 8th grade! Apparently, everyone knows you and loves you...no surprise there!

No comments:
Post a Comment