When I was pregnant with Isabela, I was in Grad School studying Curriculum and Instruction. I have my wonderful job because of all my coursework, but I have found myself wanting more, something different. So, with Crystal's help, Isabela's cooperation, and bit of Summer Day Camp for Isabela, I spent the last 5 weeks studying for what would be my 2nd GRE entrance exam. It was difficult to juggle the time between finally having and enjoying Crystal home, exploring Isabela's new-found energy and all the other little fun things happening in the Summer. I made an effort in studying, but I was not willing to make a great sacrifice for it when it came to the girls and Sammy. But, I took my test on July 2 and mastered it in every way I needed to! Done!
So, now I wait for my scores to get to the schools on time so that I can hopefully start in the Fall at one of my choices. Unfortunately, none of my other Grad courses are eligible for transfer as they are too old (8 yrs). So, I will have to completely start over. It will be a 2.5- 3 year endeavor. I am seeking certification in School Administration: Principalship. I don't want to be a Principal of a school, but would sure like to have the option to or at least understand the educational system in its holistic sense. My passion has always been to work with children, but has now evolved to working with teachers who work with students.
Isabela will be at school full-time with my 3 half-day schedule. So long as it does not significantly infringe on Isabela's health and my family's time....Nothing else sounds so satisfying to do with my spare time...
Resurfacing.

1 comment:
Yay for having resurfaced! And way to go on the GRE and your future endeavors. Many blessings for your journey!
Post a Comment