Thursday, September 17, 2009

Waiting for the Tide


With full force, last week, Isabela and I went through routine doctor appointments to make sure our bodies are being cared for appropriately and to have the docs give us a clean bill of health. Five of those appointments were actually for me. Yes, I can be anal about it, thinking I have to make sure I live a really long time for my kids' sake, God willing.


Nice thing was that all of our results came back the same day. Not-so-nice thing is that things were found.


For about ten days now, I have been "waiting". I am waiting for next Tuesday when I have eye surgery to have a small tumor removed and additional glaucoma tests run. A few days later, I have a breast MRI scheduled, to explore what the mammogram and ultrasound deemed as necessary. The radiologist and the opthamologist both said " I am not worried yet", but hmmm..making me have surgery and an MRI right away, isn't that an oxymoron??


I have never been one to patiently wait, especially on this tide.


Yes, I am angry. I am sad. I am annoyed. I am only 33 yrs. old. I lead a healthy lifestyle. Couldn't this have waited?

No comments: