She's not the fastest runner. Not the most strategic kicker. Not the strongest blocker. But, she most definitely is the most spirited in sportsmanship.
During Isabela's first soccer practice, I couldn't figure out why she wouldn't jump in the crowd of kickers to either maneuver the ball in a scoring direction or block the ball. She had done well in the drills and seemed to follow key soccer rules. Why would she stand there, on the huddle's sidelines and observe?

It wasn't until I noticed Isabela give the soccer ball a good hit as it was rolling away from the stacked players, that I realized that she was struggling with "stealing" the ball. She has such a generous, give-you-the-first-and-last-bite, kind of kid that she wasn't getting that it's ok to monopolize the ball! Poor baby. So, with my limited knowledge on the sport of soccer, I explained. Yeah, doesn't sound so friendly, but it's the object of the game. A fun game!

Bottomline, Isabela is loving the team's energy, the running, the kind parents, the healthy snacks, and most of all, the fact that she is taking part in this world, having the time of her life!
-- Posted from my iPhone

1 comment:
That is way cool. Way cool. How long ago was surgery? Praise God for a body able to kick and play and cheer. Go Isabela!
Post a Comment