Sunday, October 11, 2009

My Snooz-ing Man

I did it! I finally did it. No more wishing for me. I got an ihome!

I know, no big deal. But it really is, for me. You see, the sticker price is $99. That's one hundred dollars for something that I wanted, not neeeded, for music listening purposes in my bedroom. Sure, it charges my iPhone, also, and has a built-in alarm radio, but it plays my phone's iPod music! I LOVE listening to music, especially when I spend time leisurely getting ready. I just didn't do it sooner because it wasn't something I needed. As a mom, there are issues of guilt that come with frivolous spending.

However, with all the excitement came a sad retirement. The alarm clock that has dominated my nightstand for the past 13 yrs since sharing a bedroom with Sam, was removed. I actually quivered a little bit. You see, I have pressed those buttons to snooze every morning, most of the last 13 years. It's so old, that the front panel is missing. Interesting thing, I never learned how to set the alarm. Sammy has always set it for me. Even when set, he would make sure he turned it on for me and calculated how many snoozing alerts I needed. It's not that I thought that I couldn't figure it out, it's just that it's one of those things that I know I can expect from him. It's one of those sweet little gestures that I like to look forward to. In a sense, it's always made me feel "babied".




So, as I was setting up my new alarm system with the bells and whistles, I caught myself almost setting the time I need set for tomorrow morning. After realizing that the clock's time is automatically programmed just by connecting my phone to it (yeah, really cool!), I thought, "why start now?"

Here's to 13 more years of my Sweetie taking care of my snooze times! I am not learning to set this alarm clock- ever.



-- Posted from my iPhone

No comments: