I think I am finally ready to share. It's pretty ridiculous, actually. Isabela's debut as a covergirl and feature story in Texas Children's Hospital's magazine- Shine, has been in circulating for about 3 months now. But, I have just recently shared it at work, started carrying it in my car to show it to anyone I can think of and have just actually opened it to enjoy the good read myself. Believe it or not, seeing "our story" in print has really hit home for me. It has taken me into closed-off areas that I wasn't really ready or wanting to face. But, I did. I do realize that it is a celebration, it is an inspiration for all.
Yes, Isabela gets noticed on the street. Seriously, we have been stopped by a handful of strangers, people who have seen the magazine in their doctor's office or in their mailboxes, have stopped to let us know they recognize her. They tell us that she's beautiful. Quite strange, but really cool.
As of last week's big cardiology appointment, the test concluded that her (ony has one) valve is only a "upper mild leakage" one and everything is looking fabulously!
Although I have been feeling a little frazzled by the whole publishing idea, I did manage to throw an autograph party for Isabela. We had special VIP guests, also! Those VIP guests were the extraordinary ones who have had a critical part in Isabela's life, and even those who maybe have not, but will. It was our honor to have Isablela's cardiologist, occupational therapsit, physical therapist, one of her primary nurses, heart surgeon's right-hand nurse and last, but not least, our special friends. Unfortunately, we did have some very important friends who could not make it, but I sure did mention them by toasting to them, too. I hope I did an adequate job of toasting them. I really wanted to publicly show my love for them. Here are my favorite pics...

No comments:
Post a Comment