Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Guardian




When I was a kid, I lived among blank walls that only hung enlarged portraits of my family - as a group and individually. My mother showcased us like royalty. However, in the bedroom I shared with my sisters, something different adorned one of the walls. Thinking back, it was something that felt so permanent, so spiritual. I never really appreciated the comfort it blessed me with. But, I sure did count on it. I can't begin to count the hundreds of times my heart has reverted back to that wall, in my old bedroom, for the rest of my life. Only framed art I can recall now. Whether it's an angel of God, or God himself, I know that I have really counted on that reliance.

Thinking of you, baby Glory. I bet you can already feel that tight hold of your family and friends carrying you through. I am one of them...

Thank you, Candace.

-- Posted from my iPhone

1 comment:

Candace said...

Thank you, Brenda, for the friend that you are.