7:15 am: Completed my daydreaming, proceeded to prep for a workout
7:30 - 7:40 am: Started the exercise activity, but realized that I was not well enough yet to endure anything rigorous (a cold). So I showered instead.
8:00 -8:45 am: Got Isabela up and were off to school.
9:05 am : Starbucks treat; Tall lite iced non-fat Caramel Machiatto
9:25 am: Arrived at Daniela's house and cuddled with Diego before we went off to explore preschool options in the West U/Downtown area (for Diego).
9:55 am: Spied on a Montessori school playgorund and uttered "oh, no!" a few times!
10:30-12:00 pm : Toured and spoke with a Director about every inkling of their curriculum from toddler age to Kindergarten. Walked out with a stomach-ache...$1300 mos. for pre-school with a Curriculum that did not hold up to qualityacademic standards. I could write paragraphs about this one.
12:30 pm: Daniela and I picked up Isabela from school a little early so that she could hang with us girls on a girly lunch.
1:00 - 1:30 pm: Daniela spruced up my downstairs part of the house, Isabela picked up toys and shoes and I spruced up the upstairs. We had a family coming at 2 pm to look at our house for the second time. They are interested in leasing it for 18 mos.!
The pic below is what Daniela left as a presentation as she cleaned up the downstairs. I love this monkey so (special reason)! funny!
1:30 pm : off to 100% Taquito for mexican style tacos.
3:00 pm : Dropped off Isabela and Daniela at her house as I left to run an errand. Diego's nanny left and he slept through most of Isabela's stay there.
4:00 pm: I returned and we took off to eat a highly desirable treat - Rustika Bakery for triple chocolate cake. My idea!! THE BEST cake in the world! Sammy walked over from work to meet us. Isabela loved that surprise.
5:00-6:00 pm: Drove home and listened to Bela's music the WHOLE way home. Went by CVS to get her daily antibiotic. (Shoot, forgot to gas up!)
6:00-6:25: Isabela ate chicken noodle soup and I ate Vegetable soup.
6:25- 7:10 pm: Played a memory game and read all about Reindeers in her monthly magazine. Also, Isabela started her "Dear Santa" letter with obvious confusion. She was directing it to Jesus, which is of course the most appropriate meaning behind this holiday. I really didn't like getting her off that course, but I already struggled with the whole "santa" thing last year, so I have to humor it, for her sake. But, I loved the way she was thankful in the beginning and was ok when I reminded her that we only really ask Santa Claus for "one" special thing. We want to make sure there are enough toys to go around for everyone.
dictated by Isabela: "Dear Santa, I Love Jesus. Thank you Jesus for my bubble bath and my toys and Pepito (our pet fish). Thank you for hleping me keep safe and all the kids that are sick. And the books. i would like pencils and gum and food and markers. Also, a bicycle with two wheels. Isabela"
7:10- 7:30 pm: Talked to my painter, the real estate agent and cleaned up the kitchen.
7:30 pm: bath time and Sammy got home shortly after to finish up Bela's bedtime routine..whew!
8:00 pm: blogging
future: Grey's Anatomy as I surf the web.
What a FANTASTIC day! So much PURPOSE was found in every minute.

No comments:
Post a Comment