
Ahhhhh...Let me explain.
Although I don't have the guts to have foot surgery, I seem to have the guts to have steroid shots gush into my feet, VERY painfully, to target my nerves that have been damaged. The predator(s)? I think it's the six months of standing next to Isabela's bed warmer in the ICU, to carress her endlessly. Ok, maybe it wasn't smart to wear 3 inch heel boots. The other culprit being my 12 years of running.
While I moaned and groaned for the whole minute of the steroid shot, I thought about how cowardly I am about surgery. Cutting? Opening? Infection? Even worse...crutches and special wedge shoes for 4 weeks! Yeah, I am too superficial for that. But, he did say, "off your feet for one whole week!" hmmmm...
I have been looking forward to seeing my Podiatrist all month long. Nice to not have my feet throb. Is that normal? I've forgotten.

-- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:
Post a Comment