Saturday, June 13, 2009

Vacation Bible School 2009





I must admit that I was not so thrilled in teaching VBS this year, or any year, for that matter. I have to say that when Jennifer asked me if I wanted to teach with her, I know she had a really good guess that my answer would be, "not really, but I will.", once she told me that if i did, Isabela could attend. My biggest, and only struggle with a teaching role in any religion setting is that I embrace my worship in a very private and intimate manner. It's not that I don't want to share with my fellow neighbors, I think it's that I am afraid to hear or see something out of realm of believing and feeling. Plus, I tend to get so overcome with "his" spirit that I can get so emotional about any given teaching. Then I just get embarrassed. But, I did it, for five mornings, assisting Jennifer in her wonderful interpretations of the scriptures. I admit now, it was so good for my heart...for reasons I can not discuss here, that co-teaching experience couldn't have come at a better time. My heart and logic were getting mangled as I was trying to sort through a conflict with a very dear friend of mine. The week ended well, very well.

On top of that, we got to have our dear friends, The Hills, here with us for one full week! Oh, what fun for all. If only Isabela knew that she is more to handle than Cavett and Kendrick together. Great, great boys. Nonetheless, I still do love my little stubborn, mischievous little girl very much!


BTW, THANK YOU Jennifer for asking me to teach with you, even though you aleady knew how I felt about it. That's what I think a friend is for. Also, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing you in action, you're a true teacher at heart.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks Brenda and I am glad you were by my side! Next year? jk!