Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Chef Bela

Yesterday, Isabela surprised me with a massive picnic dinner spread throughout our living room floor, atop my yoga mat. She even read me a book! She made me steak and eggs, a toasted peanut butter and jelly sandwich, along with plenty of yummy veggies. It was so neat! I LOVE surprises!


Today, the meal prepared was in a more"natural" sense. As I was on the phone with our new TV dish service, this is what I saw...ingredients for dinner being pulled out of the fridge! I figured, "cool, Isabela is one step ahead. I will put it together soon enough." However, Isabela took the initiative to do it ALL herself. The spread was magnificent, one protein, three vegetables, one dairy product and the most needed of all, candy! It's common for her to pull out a snack or fruit, but to take it to this level was impressive! I usually let her press the button to reheat with my supervision, but I do get really nervous having her operate this machine. What if she inserts a spoon!??! yikes!






Ahhh..the fruits of a 4 year old's efficiency. She can clearly prepare a pre-cooked meal, put her dishes away, pick up her toys/clothes (with prompting), bathe herself, brush her teeth (excluding flossing), brush her hair, dress herself, hang her clothes in the closet, remember her daily meds, and my favorite, wakes up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom by herself! ..the list goes on..NOW, if I can get her to sleep in her own bed by herself all night long...that would be awesome. But, of course, I really do relish in that. ;-) There's something incredible about your child's head burrowed right under your chin under the covers.

Isabela, slow down with your "growing up" please!

Raw Footage!


1 comment:

Candace said...

What an independent little girl! Love it! Good job, momma!