Sunday, October 5, 2008

FALL Backwards!




We are in full swing with Autumn and Halloween over here! It's so funny to me how I implored upon my mother to never mention to her the mythical "Cucuy" (monster) we, as Latinos, grow up fearing. I explained to my mother that I was not about to threaten her like that for fun because then I would find myself looking for them in closets or under beds in order to scare them away for Bela. My mother agreed, but the reality is that Isabela somehow knows about them and WANTS to be ONE! At least, a friendly one! Honestly, I don't think Isabela really realizes how scary they are to most children. She innocently thinks it's funny and silly. Crystal and I had no idea how to dress her up as a monster for Halloween, so this is what I came up with...like I said earlier on, it's very telling of my sweet angel...or should I say, my little daredevil!




Of course, Cavett right next to her, as a soldier, to serve and protect her and anyone!


Before our little Halloween dress rehearsal, Isabela and I spent the afternoon baking! We have been talking and reading about pumpkins lately, so I thought she should have a taste. We made pumpkin trifle! Crystal is going to kill me! Her favorite holiday dessert..yikes! We also made pumpkin and ghost shaped cookies with M&M's, Bela's favorite candy. Isabela really enjoys helping out in the kitchen. Plus, it didn't end there. Anna and Mark had a fun dinner idea to follow. The kids made their own pizza with Anna's homemade pizza dough! Yummy!

To end the weekend just right, Isabela designed her own outfit for church, a new Autumn one, and had a blast at the church's pumpkin patch. Meanwhile, Pops, Bela's grandfather, was picking out a just-right pumpkin for Isabela, but she was not impressed by the perfectly round, large bumpy pumpkin (that I loved). She had something else in mind. In usual Isabela fashion....she seems to always see a spirit in ways that we don't understand.





Hope you are loving Fall Isabela!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

FUnny, I didn't know that about myself. In fact, I really don't hug friends much, so I guess when I do, I really mean it.