Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Young American's Vote

A real account of today's conversation with Isabela when telling her the after-school plan...I did NOT prompt her in any way...really!


Bela: DondeVamos Mami?
Where are we going, Mami?


Me: Primero tenemos que pasar a un sitio para votar. Temgo que ayudar escoger el nuevo Presidente.
First, we have to go to a place to vote. I have to help choose our next President.

Bela: Mami, yo no quiero que John McCain sea Preseidente.
Mami, I don't want John McCain to be President.

Me: Que????
What???

Bela: Yo quiero que Obama sea Presidente. Tambien Hillary Clinton!
I want Obama to be President. And Hillary Clinton!


Me: (looking back at her with pride, and totally floored!)





I have NEVER told her I was not supporting McCain nor have I ever showed ill feelings toward him (b/c I don't). But, Isabela obviously is able to infer quite well. Although, no matter who gets into office, my real preference will not be there. BUT, please Dear God, let's really do something quite powerful with Healthcare in America, other than a faint tax credit.

Raising a child with special needs costs quite a bit of money. But, Palin must know that, right???
this post was dedicated to my darling husband :-))))



2 comments:

Unknown said...

She's a smart girl and pays attention. And, that's all I'm going to say.

Candace said...

That is hilarious! It is amazing what our little ones take in. What a smart little girl.