However, in the end, when the summer was over, that same Professor/ Dean callled me into her office to share my final grade with me. Once she was done with her feedback, she looked straight at me and told me, " I hope you have learned that you would make a fantastic Kindergarten teacher." Surprised at her comment, but so matter-of-factedly, I responded, "To tell you the truth, I only did so well so that I wouldn't have to repeat this internship, in this grade."
Like I said before, I am being reminded of how much I don't enjoy the beautiful chaos that goes with 5 yr olds, x 18. I am completely and utterly in love with Isabela's rendition of a 5 yr old, but I can't imagine the paints, the scissors, the glues, the googley eyes and the pipe cleaners that adorn the classroom tables every day, for a crowd of 18.

This pic shows projects for one week. Not counting the reading and Writing we do "for fun".
I am reminded of it every week, every "good-for-expresion" homework activity Isabela has to do, every week. Wait a second, I already said "every week", right?? To think, Isabela isn't even in Kindergarten yet...

Isabela, hope I am doing this right for you! It's not that easy for me.
-- Posted from my iPhone

No comments:
Post a Comment