

Today is Day 3 with Crystal in
Washington DC. Three more to go. I keep telling myself that I should see this as a training session for what is in store for me in August. This is such an ugly, monstrous feeling. Everywhere I look, I see a piece of her...her car parked out in the front, her newly retired cell phone located so inconveniently on the staircase, her Yoplait Whipped yogurts in the fridge, her lounge clothes wrongly placed in my room and her scent is lingering all around me. I am even wishing that she would have left more stuff laying around in the most "in the way" places. Embarrassingly enough, I have looked for consolation in my "pan dulce" (sweet bread). That needs to stop, soon!
I have been trying to counsel myself. I have been reminding myself to toughen up, to turn around this negative feeling into something more constructive. I am posting something I had to revert to. With Daniela's permission, I am sharing a poem she gave me for my Birthday/Christmas this past year. This so very special gift was placed on her Christmas tree branches for weeks before she handed it to me on Christmas Eve. I wondered for weeks what would be found in a square-shaped envelope. As I finally got to open it and read the card, I could hear Daniela's tears flowing down her cheeks. She simply wanted to tell me what she thought of me. It's so nice to hear what your friends think of you, especially when you forget what you know about yourself. This is one gift that certainly keeps on giving....like it is in my heart today.
The Phoenix
by Lucille Van Onselen-Zunckel
Tried to make her stumble
Tried to make her crumble
Tried so hard to break her
And see her humbled
This time your luck has run out
She's ready to rumble
And make you take
a tumble
Tried so hard to play your tricks
Such a pity you didn't know
Much about the Phoenix
and how much she is able to fix
No matter how hard you tried
To destroy her again & again
She rose.
A rare bird indeed
So unique, a miracle in fact
She managed to escape from your trap
Rising slowly from the ashes
Spreading her wings
A glorious sight
To behold
Thought she would forever be at your mercy
Eventually; she is set free, soaring
Way up high, headed for the
Freedom of the sky
Thank you Dani for resonating this through every look you bestow upon me or at the first sound of my voice over the telephone....you have a way of making me feel incredible :-)))))

No comments:
Post a Comment