
Crystal,
We made it home tonight at 8pm and quickly addressed Isabela's bedtime needs just as soon as she was done with her menudo that "Lelo" made for her today, on her very special 4th birthday. It was a simple and quick feat to my daily, and last trip to my bedroom desk to check emails, read bits of news and visit my favorite blogs. Of course, you knew that I would do such things before retreating to my bed.
Of all the wonderful and sentimental gifts I have ever received, tonight's special surprise really got me. I did find what you left me sitting on my desk. I barely cried on my way home after leaving you. I think I was mainly comforted by the future use of the innovations of webcam and the fact that I see you in 5 days over Labor Day weekend. But, when I saw what you left me, I could hardly reach for the card that sat nestled in your special gift. I fell apart and cried inconsolably. I think it was because it hit me just how much you love me. I have always known that there is no other in your heart like me, but I must admit that what you have left me hit my heart with an incredible force. For 17 years, you have slept with "Lulu". In every way that any of her limbs and even her head have been left to mangle, you have somehow repaired her and loved her endlessly. Everyone here knows that there are many, many things you can live without, but have known that Lulu is not one of them. And now you have left her with me??? For me??? I don't even have to ask why. You must know what great comfort I will have to see her every day. For that, Crystal, I adore you more than you can possibly know. Instead of putting all your focus on leaving your old life and beginning your new one, you stopped to think of mine. I guess you really have not left me like I have been thinking we were preparing you to do. Even away, you intend on loving me and comforting me. You are one amazing person.
For Keepsake purposes, this is what you wrote me on the thank-you card sitting on Lulu's lap. This actually runs along the same lines of what I whispered to you when I hugged you good-bye today....You gave me exactly what I wanted for you. All those years ago when I took you home with me, this is exactly what I wanted out of it, in return from you...a strong, rich, independent future for yourself...raising you, it's always been all about you.
8/22/08
Thank you for everything.
Ana (me),
I never could have or would have done this (all this is my life) without you!
I'll always be with you,
Love, Tweety Baby (my nickname for you)
Thanks for everything! Of course, Sammy, too!
P.S. I bet I know why it's a short note...I must have been rushing you out the door, like I always am ;-))) Had I known, I would have taken a patient seat by the door.
(Pic taken Nov. 2004, you were 14 yrs. old)

1 comment:
Love that Crystal. So thoughtful. Can't wait to hear about the first week!
Post a Comment