
This evening, I was at Isabela's school for a Room Parent Meeting. I went with the sole purpose of listening in and to make sure there weren't crazy, controlling moms taking the reigns too strongly for their own self-fulfilling purpose, other than serving the children. I know, crazy, but as an educator, I have seen crazy things happen. Anyhow, I was somehow, in some crazy way chosen as the Head Room Parent Mom...ugh! My worst nightmare, but in the end, I can make sure Isabela's class gets everything done in terms of fundraising, festivals, parties, activities, socials, etc. But, the real reason I am actually writing is for the best part of the night. As we were walking into the cafeteria to meet with the teachers, we ran into a teacher aid who on occassion interacts with Isabela. She waited patiently for me to make my way toward her and it was obvious that she wanted to tell me just what she thought of Isabela. Her exact words were, "She's such a smart little girl and gosh, she is sooo sweet." Then minutes later, as the other moms and I sat around Isabela's classroom teacher, she also made a comment to me, her only one of any of the ten children, "She's such an angel, she's so very sweet with everyone." Ahh...yes, my sweet little angel! She even came home with an "angel certificate" she was honored with during chapel time for her kindness toward children.
Now to Crystal. Once I got home after the long parent meeting, I placed an order with a specialty cookie store in Downtown Austin, Tiff's Treats. I wanted Crystal to have a "sweet" night hours before her very first day of college. The bakery makes cookies to order and takes pride in delivering them straight from the oven. I ordered a dozen of chocolate chip cookies and peanut butter cookies with chocolate chunk brownies and 1% milk along with a UT balloon. Within an hour, as Crystal was watching the Democratic Convention, she and her roommate were feasting on the treats. But, Crystal came up with another way to enjoy the treats. She decided to take the box of treats and go around her dorm floor to share the cookies and share her best wishes to all her neighbors. She thought it would be a cool way to meet people and make them smile the night before the first day of school. Wow...what an angel, too!
Tonight, if I have failed at anything else tonight, that's ok. Isabela is sleeping next to me right now, I let her stay up with me to watch Hillary Clinton. Such a bad thing to interrupt her bedtime routine. But, tomorrow morning, she will wake up and share her love with the world..that's what's important.

1 comment:
I could have told you your children are angels.
Post a Comment