
Authenticated by: Brenda
We are 10 days post- Hurricane Ike, the power has finally been reestablished at our home and I am finally not borrowing Jennifer's blog posts, but writing my own as I sit here, excited about living in my home after 10 days, but really sad to leave one of the BEST vacations spots of my life.
Jennifer has written so well about our day-to-day activities and has expressed how thrilled she has been to have us over. However, she has really not told you the whole story. I am sure Anna and Mark would agree when I begin by telling you just how pleasant our accommodations have been at the Hill House. I wouldn't be able to tell you of one minute in which I second-guessed accepting their invitation. As a matter of fact, Isabela went to bed each night asking if we could please stay one more day at "Cavett's House". It has been a FULL Hill Family effort around here to ensure that our living accommodations were more than just suitable. Cavett so willingly gave up his bed and sole-rights to his toys, just to name a couple. I could go on and on about the splendid menu planned by Jennifer, the crisp, clean sheets with down comforter and down pillows for a good night's sleep, the full accessibility to washer and dryer and most importantly, the ease of feeling like their house is actually our house. That is priceless. Both Stephen and Jennifer so beautifully took care of us. What a great example of how people come together in a time of need.
Not many people can handle hosting long-term guests. As a society, we have embraced our privacy all to well and it's hard to give it up sometimes. It amazes me how Jennifer and Stephen genuinely wanted to blend their life with ours...for a week..for months if we had to, I am sure of it.
To Jennifer: Our 2 Year Anniversary is tomorrow! I will cherish the night we "talked" about us becoming friends at Anna and Mark's wedding. Since then, you have unconditionally shown me over and over again what a "quality " friend you are. I completely and utterly trust you (hard for me to do). You are an amazing, multi-faceted woman, a mother to admire, a wife to be jealous of and I feel honored to be in your life...in your family's life.
THANK YOU for loving me and my family the way you do....
To Anna, I love you too, living with your family was all together too short of a time. Although, the shopping trip today is a treasured one for me...our first one! Those earrings I got for Vegas will mean more to me than their stunning physical statement. I can't wait till the next slumber party! THANK YOU for sharing your special friends with me.....tomorrow, on your 2nd wedding anniversary, I will celebrate that we are even now...you met Mark b/c of our Rodeo cook off tickets... and we got the Hill Family ;-))

The Core Rocks!
Signed, Green Apple

2 comments:
I'm so glad you felt welcomed and felt like you were at home. I wouldn't have it any other way. And we were sad to see you go. On another note... I can wait to celebrate our friendship this weekend in VEGAS!!!! Loving you!
I blogged my blog last night, but I thought about little Isabela and thanked God for her, too, this morning. I meant to go back and add her to the "praise God!" list, but didn't quite get there. She has quite a little testimony herself!
But thanks for the sweet comment. Good to know that I'll be well served by the lesson later on... :)
Thanks!
Candace
Post a Comment