Sunday, September 14, 2008

Getting OUT of Bed!


Eating meat and rice with veggies!

Snacks and clothes from Tia Dani!

Patrolling the hallways!

Sweet ride with Mami! (mami happy her baby is better!)

Feels good to be out of bed!


Today is Day #4 on the 15 th Floor of Texas Childrens Hospital, and with that comes more healing, but also, impatience with unfamiliar food and a need to tear away from the mechanical bed. As Isabela was examined by the cardiologist, the Dr. asked me how comfortable I was with Isabela's color and her happiness. I told her very happy and my desperate non-cardiology question to her was "Where can I find some real food for her like chicken on a bone or grilled fish?" Isabela found her appetite, she was done with "hospital grade" food and she was stubborn about getting something substantial. We had to wait for lunch time and after slathering butter all over her rice with meatloaf, she was happy. It was so difficult with not having any restaurants in operation here. No food court, no Medical Center restaurants, just NOTHING! Daniela and Jennifer both so sweetly offered to make her something and deliver. Usually, Isabela eats whatever she is given, but this time, I understood and I worried that it would hinder the speedy recovery we were aiming for.

After talking to docs, arranging yet another food and clothes supply request with Daniela that she and Mario so kindly delivered for me, Isabela and I had more of an adventurous day so that her lungs could move around the junkiness taking space and interfering with her breathing. We drove around the circular floor, I pulled her around and then we finally walked hand-in-hand. Afterwards, we checked out new books and looked for fun toy sin the activity room. I know she was so relieved to have been cut off from her oxygen supply and her IV antibiotics (oral now). At one point, when taking her to the bathroom and Isabela realizing what a produciton it is with all the attachments, she looks at me and says "Te quiero Mami". :-)))) I will remember that when we have to do take those restroom breaks in the middle of the night...gladly.

After a nice social visit with her cardiologist, Heather and her Tia Nancy who is a NICU nurse here, reading a sweet email from her BFF Cavett, Isabela is sleeping, but hoping she will get to go crazy with funness with Cavett tomorrow and fall asleep next door to his bedroom. I am wishing the same thing. We won't be home, but even better than any nice hotel, I look forward to my LONG shower at the Hills house in Sugar Land!

No comments: