
was spoken by Isabela. As she walked into the house with her Papi, isabela immediately noticed all the rolls of wrapping paper scattered throughout the space adjoining the new living room floor with the dining room. She got so excited and started inspecting the rolls as she skimmed for scissors to dive in and help. Within those rolls, Isabela picked one up and said "Mami, look this role says Happy Birthday! We need this one to wrap something for Jesus' Birthday! I want to do it! I want to do it" My heart melted. She really does get it. The past few Christmasas I have worried about not focusing too much on the gift-giving aspect of our celebration. I have not wanted her to get the skewed idea, but the real idea. I must say, her school did a fine job of presenting this day to her. Her class Christmas party held a "Happy Birthday Jesus" party. We had birthday cups, plates, napkins, student-made birthday cards and activities celebrating him. I don't remember seeing a Santa Claus in clear view. I was thoroughly impressed and for many moments, I was glad we were not standing in a public school classroom. Christmas parties, respectively, have to look differently there. But, to impress upon the students even more, the school created a fantastic school-wide program featuring the students singing in chorus along with a live reenactment of the nativity. It was splendid, to say the least.
Happy Birthday Jesus.
I am getting ready to have family over for Christmas Eve tonight...so I will post pics later!

2 comments:
Love it! I'm working hard as we speak to prepare for tomorrow and have it be an act of worship and not just a gift giving free-for-all. Thanks, Brenda. And happy early birthday to you, too! :)
Merry Christmas, Falcones! Hope you have a glorious day in your new home.
Post a Comment