Crystal sent Sammy and me on a date last night. She packed a bag for herself and Isabela and they went off to my mom's. Her exact words were "Do Not talk about us (girls), and especially the houses or unpacking. Go out for fun and then sleep!" I wanted to go to a movie and see something cheesy, but Sammy wanted steak and shrimp. My bright idea was to drive down our new neighborhood and stumble upon a new, unfound establishment. So, we drove, and drove...all the way to the Medical Center area. We did run into some places, but we looked for excuses and ultimately wound up at one of our favorites, Cafe Rabelais. We have been there about two handfuls of times, but usually reserve it for very special occasions. Thinking about it, I think we have only been with our friends Mario and Daniela. As they only go for special reasons too, like new jobs, new baby, renewed birthdays, etc. So last night's special occasion? I think we will call it "back to normal life". We needed a good way to resurface from our little mundane life these past couple of months.
Try this restaurant...at the very least, $50 a head (for an entree and a glass of wine), but they have an incredible way of making any vegetable feverishly compete with its accompanying meat or fish...with french fries!
Having an adult daughter has its benefits :-)))
Will post more on Christmas around here. Have tons of pics to share, but I am working with an air-card these days and uploading takes more time on this mode than I can afford. Cable should be installed by the end of the week!

No comments:
Post a Comment