Thursday, December 17, 2009

Let the Holiday Cheer Begin!



As of noon today, I am completely detached from work and grad school for three weeks, but completely and utterly attached to my family and friends!

With the exception of Sunday, starting tomorrow, we will be busy the next 9 days celebrating Christmas (and more) with family, friends, and neighbors. Because I am Latina, and we like to celebrate holidays BIG, and because Sammy is Italian, they like to do it BIG, too, there is much to do and different ways of celebrating between the two cultures. Instead of compromising on traditions, we crazily overwhelm ourselves! Fortunately, everyone else in our life is crazy, too! To make things more interesting, on Saturday, our Italian side of the family is interlocking with a new heritage. Sammy's nephew is marrying a beautiful Vietnamese-American woman. So, we will all be happily feasting on a 9 course meal among 500 Italians and Vietnamese! What a "first" that will be for us!

I don't know how we will survive all of the holiday, wedding and birthday cheer by the time it's all over, but I am definitely thanking God for it!

It was quite the year. I am ready to close on this particular one... We waited for this year for the last five years. Although Isabela has made quite the remarkable recovery, I don't know if I have. But, what I do know, is that, for now, there is no heart surgery in sight for 2010, God willing...

(pic taken on Crystal's dorm room bed)
-- Posted from my iPhone

1 comment:

Candace said...

I love that picture.

All the different traditions of the different heritages sounds fun. In the words of my friend, Kayla, "I would rather over-live than the other way around." So go on and grab all the Christmas you can with all the gusto you can! You can rest later...