Just about every night, if we have dinner at home, Isabela and I have a delicious, cultural ritual. We serve our favorite mugs with decaf coffee accompanied mostly by (over-priced)100 calorie Hostess Banana Muffins. If life is not so overwhelming (like now), I will attempt to bake a batch of low-fat, natural muffins. Isabela and I sit, savor and chat. Usually, she follows it with a jig-saw puzzle...her latest one, a 70 piece one.
This week, one of the conversations has been about "Where's Papi?" He has not made it home this week before 8:30 pm. He officially started his new job on Monday and he has been staying behind to learn the ropes of a television station. (as I type, he sent me an email telling me he's leaving work soon 8:05 pm). I miss him, but I really admire him for giving his new endeavor 200%. That's Sammy, a hard worker. Although, it's tough on me right now to handle everything at home, I am so thrilled that he now has a different purpose in his life that he enjoys. He's been coming home in such an excited mood and anxiously wanting to return the next morning. He's managing the IT group at the number one station in Houston, but he has a lot to learn about television. He craves the new knowledge. He even comes home bragging on which anchors/reporters he had lunch with that day . It's cute, but I have enforced a "must wear a wedding ring"rule! I so thank God for choosing him for this. There's nothing like going to a job you only consider as "work". Sammy sure has earned where he is now. Plus, he's a news junkie, so how appropriate for him to be in the center of it all.
As for our other chatting over cafe con leche...Crystal has been away in Austin, Texas for the fourth day now. I attended family orientation on Tuesday and thinking that it was sort of a waste of my time. I did enough of my own homework to know the inner workings of the university. But, today, I see how Crystal's 4day long orientation has helped me. It's breaking me in for the harsh reality of her leaving late August...for good. I have been calling it "rehearsal". As my first means of handling it...I have asked my housekeeper to come more often and to help handle laundry ;-) I am also losing a teenager with chores.
I have been sad this week....really sad. But, it has been because of blessings. I do know that. Change is hard. But like Isabela's new phrase this week..."the good thing" is that my favorite people in this world are very happy!
by the way...I have to send out a HUGE thank you to my friend, Sandra. She has been here for me to watch Isabela this week with my Austin travelling. Tomorrow, as I drive to Austin to pick up Crystal, Isabela will be with Sandra and her daughter, Victoria, eating yummy sushi then swimming! Wow..what a treat!

No comments:
Post a Comment