

It's confirmed today! I am a clinger. I don't welcome change very well. I don't really like to try new things at the expense of abandoning another. And I am a black and white kinda girl.
The girls and I went shopping today just after a small nudge from Crystal that we should go by the Galleria to look for those new slacks I need for work. Isabela agreed that shopping should be the afternoon activity after the hospital visit and a last-minute lunch with Anna and Walker. I so easily found all of my slacks and got an almost $100 discount on my purchase with my store coupons (yippee!). Midnight Blue, charcoal grey and caramel brown slacks were my choices. As we were about to leave, I walked by "Swim Shop". Agh!! Unless you have a perfect body, you women should understand what that was like. I went in there with HUGE plans. I was going crazy with color and patterns. I was going to really do it and make my suit "pop!". After almost 20 tops (the hospital grade breastpump really did a number on you know what!), I found the perfect one. The colors??? Jet Black with eye-catching white geometric shapes! Haha! I couldn't do it. I saw beautiful, bold colors all over the place so easily brightening up the shop. All I kept picturing were all the beautiful friendsI have that would look prefect in them, but not me. So, that proved it, I am a clinger and opt to not change.
I guess I have a style. I guess I am predictable. But, my style works for me. I think I do my style well. I can't enjoy trends on me, nor colorful prints. I guess everytime I thik of a fashion icon, Jackie Kennedy comes to mind. If I belonged in any other era aside from today, the 50's would be it. It's just so classic. I really, really, really enjoy fashion. i love to see what fellow women around me are wearing. It's fascinating to me. That would probably be my alternate career in life if I was just a little better at it.
To couple my fashion passion with my small window of TV time, my most favorite TV show is back in season! Project Runway started this past Wednesday. It's the only reality show that has ever hooked me. It's smart, it's creative and it's all about fashion and no unnecessary rehearsed chaos, just clothes, clothes and the impeccable raw talent that gets discovered...just for the future of our closets! That's one show Crystal and I watch together and challenge our fashion sense by predicting how the judges will score each designer. A must-see!

1 comment:
I love your style and it's way better than mine! Come to think of it, I don't think I have one.
Post a Comment