
Ok...as I stated last night, I did the hair, the cute outfit, the shimmering make-up and high heels, but today's Lesson cost me a lot of turmoil and took lots of joy out of what could have been an easy-going day with everything going as planned. Since crystal is leaving home for college soon, I have scheduled a series of 5 medical appointments with an array of specialists within a two week period...the adult PCP, the dentist, the oral surgeon, the dermatologist, and the hardest of them all...the ob/gyn....ugh! Anyhow, the hard one was today and while I was already emotional as she asked to do it on her own (the big lesson for today), I was extremely emotionally volatile. So much that I got really irked with the patience that the dermatologist's and gynecologist's office imposed on me for their 1+ hour waits. I was so struck with fury, that in each specialist's office, I had to tell one medical assistant and one doctor that their office really needed to respect my time as they expect us to with arriving on time or we risk a cancellation on their part. I just got sick of it. I am done with waiting for doctors just because. It's really unfair and rude. In my current role as an educator, I schedule my reading groups anywhere from 20- 30 min. I respect every minute of a ten year old's time and I try not to ever waste a single second that could be an educational one. I LOVE doctors and what they do, but the efficiency of some of their offices needs some adjustment.
I know, I need to work on patience...but when it cost Crystal an Astros baseball game, cost me more in childcare for Isabela and made me completely redesign my evening schedule, patience was not an option.
In the end, I hope Crystal achieved a successful Q &A with her doctors AND that she realized that her time is precious and should be respected as such.

1 comment:
Totally agree with you!
Post a Comment