In a period of 18 months, I went from occasionally sending a 10 cent text message, to signing up for a monthly 200 text message plan with my cellular phone provider to now the unlimited version. Where is that getting me? As I was walking (supposed to be running) at the park with Crystal, there was a point in which I was texting with 3 different friends and emailing one other one. As I was trying to communicate my messages across, I was trying to be swift and creatively using as little words as possible without failing to effectively get my message across. We weren't talking about anything profound, but important enough like simply coordinating our social calendars. But, in the midst of hurried conversations, I wondered, "Will we get to the point in which the intimate, verbal conversations are few and far in between. Should we be concerned that we will lose any core connection in the vast cyber world?" It was a scary thought.
But, even with the fear, I continued with my text messaging basking in the thrill of high productivity. As a matter of fact, hours later, after waiting in line today at the Apple store for almost 3 hours for crystal's highly desired iphone, I again, confirmed with the representative that we needed unlimited text messaging on all of our phones. I guess I am not that worried....4 different conversations while I was exercising...niiice!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment