
Ok, so, today, Crystal and I had one-on-one time together as Isabela spent part of the day at her day camp in her new Lutheran School (yup, we decided to throw in yet another religion in the mix! j/j). Seriously, it's a fantastic school with fantastic teachers so I have to remind myself every time that I am doing the right thing in separating myself from my child...i am, right, right? Anyhow, Crystal and I went to my beloved Memorial Park and then attended to some shopping and personal business.
Spontaneously, I decided to call Sammy to see what he was doing for lunch since we were in his neck of the woods. Conveniently, he was ready for lunch! So, a quick car ride away, we indulged in our favorite Thai restaurant and chatted about our day. Throughout the lunch, Sammy insisted that we visit the television station so that he could show me around. I was so hesitant because I was in running gear infused with a bit of sweat. But, as usual, Sammy got his way even though I would have preferred to look a bit cute for the visit. :-) At least it was nice to know that my husband thought I was still worthy of being showed off!
So, there we were...the behind-the-scenes of what happens to put on the news. The Engineers, the photographers, the producers, the editors and then there were the anchors and reporters. As Sammy so excitedly introduced us and explained each person's role, my brain had a hard time digesting the foreign vocabulary. I nodded and smiled and said "wow!" a lot. It was obvious that Sammy was so glad we were there, he wanted us to be a part of his cherished work, part of his new-found happiness. BUT, I don't get it!!! Yes, it was way cool to visit the set and meet people I only knew from my home tv sets, but I was way intimidated by it all, too! I realized that this is one thing Sammy and I have no common ground on...managing computers and highly sensitive television programming??? All the buttons and lights?? Just the word, "engineer" scares me. No, thanks. But, THEN, in the end, right before our exit, Sammy made sure Crystal and I met our favorite on-air personality...our little fake crush. Now, that was a good treat. Crystal and I think he's so pretty....and in person, way pretty..and very nice guy! Once Sammy got home, he picked on me because he said I blabbed and blabbed for over 10 min. and barely let him or Crystal speak, even though, as Sammy remarked, Crystal could not lift her jaw from the floor!! Yes, way funny..and I was the one who was probably stinky, too! But, well worth it for Sammy.
Thanks Sweetie for a great field trip, even though I would have just been happy in the make-up room!!

1 comment:
Way cool! I am so surprised at you and proud! Going to meet the co-workers after just working out, very unlike you--impressive!
Post a Comment