Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas Photo Strip 2008

I present to you Isabela and Crystal's cousins on the Falcone side. Nine total grandchildren...yes, Christmas shopping is hectic, but the robust energy at the gift exchange sure is worth it!

Now, these are the cousins on my side. My mother, my stepfather and my sister's kids. I can't begin to tell you just how much I adore these kiddos. They hold my heart in their hands. From what I can tell, they have captured Isabela quite profoundly too.

Christmas is about friends, too. This year Jane and I had talked about taking the girls to see The Nutcracker. I never happened. Sadly, we were way too busy.
Isabela dove right in to help out with the overwhelming job if wrapping gifts. This one is for her Papi.
Traditionally, Christmas or should I say, gift exchange, happens with my Hispanic family on Dec. 24. Sammy and I have just recently come to a fair compromise. We delve into stockings right about midnight, and wait until the next morning for Santa and other family presents.
Crystal got some goodies (the long-awaited Dark Knight)from "Sammy Claus", as he likes to call himself!
Right before bed, we got Santa's and the reindeers' treats ready. Isabela opted to not bake the cookie dough. She figured that if we adored raw chocolate chip cookie dough, Santa would too! (he did!)


The unveiling begins! Santa brought Crystal a really nice coat all the way from Banana Republic and brought Isabela a really cool girly scooter. Sammy and I got Crystal mostly shoes, jewelry, and more jewelry, clothes and will be tinting her car windows. Isabela received several new puzzles, books, board games, cloth hopscotch, school-age digital camera, bubble bath concoctions, and per her only real request, another baby stroller, plus favorites like flip-flops, mittens and hair accessories.
I will always cherish this tenderness in Isabela. In the midst f her own unwrapping, she noticed her Papi's gift and hurriedly picked it up to hand to him and encouraged him to open it right away. She clearly felt more happiness seeing her Papi's happiness . What an unselfish heart.
This was hilarious! I have a fascination with Shirley Temple movies. I have you-tubed her singing to Bela and she has enjoyed it and has sung along. However, when given this DVD movie and her Papi asked her who she was, she said as she raised the cover to her face "It's me! Look Papi!"
I was supposed to be demonstrating to Bela. But, I got really carried away. I was even scooting with one hand!
Santa was very nice in thinking about Bela :-)

Boy do I love thee...
This was quite comical to us. Isabela received this mechanical puppy from Sammy and me. It was supposed to be trained to follow about 14 different commands. Isabela named him "Rusto", after our late beloved Rusty who we can't believe she actually remembers from 2 years ago. Anyway, Isabela was not too impressed with the disobedient pet, but Crystal sure was ready to love all over him! In the end, we took him back to the store. Money wrongfully spent.We spent my birthday evening (Dec. 26)with the Garcias and celebrated Christmas a little later than we accustom to. They had many family members in from Mexico City, so it was quite fun!


Christmas was wonderful. There was so much change for us, but our hearts were always home with one another.

I love my family and friends.

1 comment:

Claire said...

How fun!! Happy New Year!!