This week will be an especially hard one for us around here. In three days, Isabela will be having her second Heart Catheterization. Although it's supposed to be a diagnostic one, the first one she had at 4 months old turned out to have to be a last-minute interventional one, repairing her heart. We are a bit gun-shy now. But, it's a test we can not ignore. On Thursday, we will learn exactly what Isabela's heart looks like, how to tailor her surgery to repair it and determine how soon she requires it. Her cardiologist has assured me that she will have the best surgeon on staff, a world-renowned surgeon. I can probably bet her surgery will be very soon. Isabela is showing much decreased energy already. She has napped three times this week and falls asleep very easily at bedtime. Before this week, she had stopped napping two years ago. She is asking us to carry her a lot, especially going up our stairs. It's difficult to see her get weaker and tell us that she is tired. It only makes me more excited for her to have her special surgery. Once recovered, she will be transformed.I am carrying a very heavy heart this week, but I am taking every minute to enjoy Isabela. The highlight of my day today was when she surprised me by reading an unfamiliar 13 word sentence needing assistance with only one phoneme ...in English! She only started learning the alphabet in English a few months ago. Isabela likes to say " I can't" a lot, but she sure shows that she can do anything no matter how tired she is. I can't wait to see her in action when she fights her upcoming battlem, the biggest of them all. I have so much faith in her strength and tenacity.
Tonight she is sleeping at Grandma's house so that I can work tomorrow. She will not be going to school for two weeks. I just want to make sure she avoids any pesky germs and is as healthy as possible going into the procedure. Plus, if she catches anything at all, the procedure will be rescheduled for a later date. We don't want to wait any longer...

An email I sent out to family and friends on a matter very close to our hearts:
Friends and Family,I really hate to ask anyone to look into their pocketbooks and especially in today's economy, but I would not ask if it wasn't a really important mission of mine. In honor of Isabela, on February 21, 2009 I will be helping It's My Heart raise awareness about the devastating affects of CHD at the NationalIMH CHD Awareness 5KRun & 3KWalk - Noah's Legacy. Although, I am hoping to collect donations to support an important cause, you can also support Isabela by walking with us on a special 5K walk AND there will be many fun activities for children to enjoy! I will be busy with some responsibilities before and during the walk, but Sammy and Isabela would love some company! It's always so much fun.
Funds raised through the IMH Run & Walk will support national awareness and help to provide comfort bags and programs to families while they are hospitalized throughout theUSA. My personal goal is to raise $1,000.00. Your support and donation of$100, $50, $25, $10 will help take a stand against the #1 birth defect and killer of children. Not only will you help me achieve my goal, you will also help It's My Heart make important advances in research, support and awareness of CHD. The IMH CHD Awareness Run & Walk is quickly approaching,so please make your pledge today. Thank you in advance for your support of my journey with CHD. Together we will make a difference! For more information on It's My Heart visit http://www.itsmyheart.org/<http://www.itsmyheart.org/> .From the heart,Brenda Falcone
ALL DONATIONS ARE TAX DEDUCTIBLE
Yes! I am happy to support your efforts in the CHD Awareness Run & Walk! You can count on me/us for: _____$100 _____$50 ______$25 ______$10 _____Other $ Please make check payable to It's My Heart and return this form, along with your check to: It's My Heart19728 Saums Rd.PMB# 137Houston, TX 77084Please include " BRENDA FALCONE's TEAM for ISABELA FALCONE "in the memo of the check. You can also send it directly to me and I will forward it for you.You can also use Paypal, a quick and easy way to donate. Please include in the message my name and CHD Run & Walk. Just go to http://www.itsmyheart.org/<http://www.itsmyheart.org/> and click on "Donate".
(pics taken in 2007 and 2008 Walks for It's My Heart and March of Dimes)

1 comment:
We are in! And just to let you know, Cavett prays for Isabela every night, religiously.
Post a Comment