This morning as the alarm went off at 5am, I was so scared of waking up and finding out that I was still not well (bad cold)and that I would once again miss out on my highly anticipated reunion with my treadmill. But, I had to wake up. "ERGH!" Sore throat was still there and I was very congested. So, I decided to use that "fitness"time I had to fore-go for more sleep. As I allowed my sleep to seep through, I carefully planned out what I would do once I woke up. The big time saver to afford more sleep would be to Not wash my hair when bathing. I entitled my hair iron to spruce me up with a carefully-planned attire consisting of blue pin-striped suit pants with a white collared button down shirt covered with my detective-like beige trench coat. It was all so simple and would meet my expectation of stylish, but comfy. So, about 6:30 am, I was up and ready to execute.However, at about 6:50 am, feeling crappy, upset that I was still not well, upset that I had not reaped the rewards of a great workout and upset that our cable is still no connected so that I could hear the morning news, I walked over to my hair iron, thinking it would be the savior of it all. Because, you see, if my hair looks great, I feel great. It's a huge freakish control thing I have with it. But, guess what? My hair iron did not turn on! My old faithful! After trying to plug it in different outlets thinking that there was an outlet malfunction, and asking Sammy to please fix it, nothing..... It is just that..old. BUT, a beautiful feeling came over me as I was trying to problem solve on what to do with my long, thick hair. I actually started crying. This time, it was not because i was upset. I cried because I was happy. So happy. I sat there and actually prayed and thanked God for my horrible morning, my horrible realization that I would need to invest in another $200 hair iron. I was thanking him for giving me a morning I could handle. I was feeling a sense of relief. There have been so many other type of mornings in which I worried about other grave problems like isabela's health, Sam's job, financial woes, Crystal's broken heart, an argument with my mother, my best friend abandoning me, watching my mother losing her hair to cancer ...and so many other tough hurdles. This morning, I had something so meaningless to deal with. God gave me a morning that meant nothing in its form but so much in my heart. What a beautiful way to start off the day....no worries.
What happened to my hair? While not the look I was trying to achieve, my awesome hair dryer did it's thing and it was nothing a barrette couldn't handle. I was just grateful for having so much, thick hair. in the end, my hair looked great...I looked great..I felt great. "I thank you, God, for today's health and happiness."

1 comment:
beautiful post, beautiful lady!
Post a Comment