Thursday, June 26, 2008

Mommy's Time-Out











Where do I begin? This week has been one of those weeks in which every hour in my day is accounted for and has to be carefully executed, otherwise, it ruins the rest of the day. Our agenda has been jam-packed. We have not savored the pool, barely have taken more than 20 minutes for a family meal, have not played an activity just for the sake of fun. I am so tired..so tired. I feel like I am spiralling downward. I told Sammy this afternoon that I am taking tomorrow morning off...3 hours..I don't know what I will do, but I need to take a breather. He, of course, so readily agreed. I hope I can follow through.


I elected tomorrow, Friday, as the morning off because I have really already accomplished all we set out to do. Some of Crystal's dr. appts. are done (setting the course to an "adult plan"), new financial goals planned, sammy's new professional wardrobe bought, unexpected new car battery bought(stranded twice this week), beach stuff bought, a total of 15+ miles at the park done, and yes, the new car..done!


At 4 pm today, we picked up Crystal's new car and at 5pm today, Sammy's "former" coworkers gathered to bid him farewell with many cold spirits. I enjoyed every minute of their excitement. Their happiness was my happiness. I silently thanked God for those smiles as they so made me smile.
But, I still need my "me" time.










No comments: