Friday, August 15, 2008

Heterotaxy Heart



After five hours at Texas Childrens Hospital, the verdict is: awesome looking heart with great function, normal size (thanks to meds!), mitral valve is static at a low moderate leak and her lungs are getting healthier. What does this mean? Open heart surgery will be a less risky one and it will likely happen this coming Spring, in April. About one month stay in the hospital and then a couple of months recovery at home. Nothing like almost four years ago!!! yippee! AND , when Heather, her brilliant cardiologist, was here last week for Isabela's b-day party, I hit her up for statistics. This is what turned my life upside right....less than 1% chance mortality (hate that word). WOW!!!! When she was born, I was given a 90% grim number. Plus, we have already secured a spot with the top heart surgeon at the hospital...one of the best in the country!

We are soooo celebrating this ...chocolate all night...as much as my little baby wants! I need those smiles to rock my world!

Christina, I am sure you are reading this and smiling...The pics were taken at her new school this morning after we attended her orientation. She is wearing part of her b-day gift from you! (I know the top is suppsed to be a dress) We tried to return the capris for a smaller size, but The Gap was out of them. So, look what we got her!! Skinny jeans!!! So living vicariously through her....I can't wear them, wish I could. Anyhow, hope you like her ensemble...thanks to you!!! Apparently, Isabela does!


1 comment:

Nalley Family said...

Brenda I am so thrilled to hear how well Isabela is doing!! It is so exciting to know how great her heart and lungs are developing!! Enjoy your first week back at school! I miss you guys!