
One minute I was getting after Crystal for three things that she left unattended. I got flustered because, like a lot of times, she didn't think of consequences, like leaving 4 dozen confetti eggs in a place easily accessible to Isabela. She did that after we had spent 4 hours painting, filling and protecting them from Isabela's hard grip. Then there was the hot glue gun left plugged in on top of the granite counter top! Lastly, she borrowed my laptop and let the battery run out making me lose my open websites that I need to return to at some point. Crystal got a grumpy earful from me and she shot back with an acceptance letter from a premier Engineering School in NewYork....and oh, with a $100K scholarship to go with it. Frankly, it was the first time I changed moods so quickly!
Obviously, I was wrong. Crystal does think about consequences of her actions. She works exteremely hard in school and she has been driving herself toward a quality college education. Every move has been carefully calculated by her when it comes to her future.
Since the moment she arrived to live with us, Crystal never heard us tell her that she had to go to college. Of course, aside from the fact that I have loved her like my own daughter since the moment she was born, we adopted her with the desire to see her go to college. We only gave her the choice to decide and surrounded her with encouragement to highly consider it.
Crystal, wherever you decide to go, I hope you are happy and that you please turn off the iron before walking out of your dorm room!!!
We love you so very much.

No comments:
Post a Comment