
In the past couple of months, Isabela's sense of humor has gone through some growth spurts. She has us cracking up every day with something new to say, especially phrases that are so grown-up like. My favorites are when she says "ugh!" or "great, great, great!" when she's frustrated. When we do anything out of the ordinary, she says to anyone one of us, "you're something else." She has a long list, I really need to stop and write them down sometime.
Furthermore, her English vocabulary has multiplied from being able to come out more frequently for external activities and play dates after her winter incubation period. She seems to really enjoy speaking in English and having fun with words and letter sounds. Of course, I fully intend on continuing our communication in Spanish for as long as we live. But, it's nice for her to be able to interact with her friends and cousins on a new level. Plus, when she attends school for the first time in August, she will be communicating fully in English at school. I was never worried about her attaining the language, just happy that she's having fun with it now and not intimidated by it. It's so cool to see her go back and forth from English to Spanish, depending on who she's talking with. At times, she does try to talk with me in English and all it takes for her to translate is one simple reminder that we speak to each other in Spanish.
Another incredibly crafty habit Isabela has been employing lately is the "meet you half way" bargaining. She can bargain herself into any situation! It's amazing what she comes up with so that she and sam and I all come up with something that works for all of us. She is stubborn and does not like to see herself lose the bargain. Even if she sees her bargaining failing, she pulls the "Mami te quiero" or begins kissing me all over. But, thankfully, even when she doesn't get her way, there are almost no tantrums. I am so grateful that she's not quick to take a "no" from us , but smart enough to realize when some "No's " are non-negotiable. No one around here wants a passive 3 year old nor a screaming one.
Oh, another little semi-new thing she's been doing is tattle-telling! Yup, she tells on Crystal and her Papi ( I am safe!). She tells on Sammy and Crystal if they say "No" to her. Isabela seems to think Mami is going to change their minds and fix everything...hmmm..wonder where she got that from :-)
Sam just bought a DVD player for the car. We are taking a small 4hr. trip soon with one of her best friends. Sammy, Crystal and I will be putting are heads together to choose kid movies wisely and hoping that Isabela will once and for all sit down for entertainment. I am not a big fan of children watching a lot of tv, but at this age, a good movie once in a while would be so awesome for her and for us taking care of little household jobs :-). So, any ideas on movies...let us know!

1 comment:
I loved talking to Isabela on the phone today! Can't wait to spend the weekend with her (and the core)!
Post a Comment