On August 25, 2004, when I asked Isabela's ICU nurse what I should do to comfort Isabela after her surgery, while she lay restrained with cables, wires and a breathing tube in her warmer, the nurse confidently told me that touching her would console her and make her fight even stronger for her life. She showed me by taking my hand and placing it over Isabela's tiny cheek. That's all I could really do for six weeks, until I got to hold her for those 7 minutes. So, I did it well. Very well. So well, that Isabela does it to me now. She's a huge cuddler and will often tell you how she feels about you, more often accompanied with a lush kiss. But, how could she not with all of us around here always touching, hugging, kissing and even tickling to death. It's in my blood to touch. I certainly love kissing and caressing the girls (and Sammy!). I hope that the girls always feel comfortable with such an intimate demonstration of love among their loved ones.
I write about it today since it was a day full of it. Since I am still recovering from what seems to be a stubborn sinus infection, I have had the need to be babied. So, Crystal and I got to go to a cheesy, romantic movie, and we were arm in arm or I was hugging on her or squeezing her face on to mine. In between my whole-hearted affection, I said "I love you" to her, as she responded, "me too." I just loved it! Later in the day when Isabela preferred to come home with me instead of spending the night with her fun cousins, she found me on the couch, pulled on my shorts to climb on to me and rested her head against my left shoulder as she raised my left hand to kiss it oh so profoundly and said "Te quiero Mami", oh so profoundly again. Ahh... This time, she was the one to let me know that she is here for me. Lately, with being overcome with anxiety over her upcoming heart procedures, I need to know that.As a matter of fact, this post ends here. Sammy and Crystal just got back from renting a movie. This is a movie that was declared for a "family cuddling night". Yup, we even all four lay in bed, watch a movie and then fall asleep together on our king size bed until morning time. My back will be killing me, but it will be all worth it. My most favorite kind of night.


2 comments:
I have no idea what that is like, but it must be nice.
Now, my question is, they got back from renting the movie at midnight last night? With Bela? :)
After going back and forth about going to the theatre to watch an action flick, they decided to stay home and got back about 11:30 pm from the Red Box at Mcdonald's down the street. I know, we need to get into the Netflix world.
No, Isabela was already asleep, on my bed, of course!:-)
Post a Comment