So, my first day of Summer was quite fun. I made plans for it weeks in advance. Because I was on over-load at work for 5 weeks, I wanted Isabela to indulge with many little fun things to do on this first day. The day started out with a family trip to Starbucks. Crystal's classes started at 11 :oo am today and Sammy is off on Fridays so they got to join us for breakfast. We feasted on Frappaccinos and bran muffins. Then we went for a run at Memorial Park. Isabela enjoys watching the other passer-bys, the babies in strollers and dogs on leashes. Before we left, there was a good time spent at the playground. Around 11:00 am, Isabela and I moved on to Rice Village to do some shopping until the highly anticipated arrival of one of her BFF's, Paige and one of mine, Ms. Jane. We made a colossal mess when creating Mother's Day cards and little gremlins at The Right Start's art area. Once the girls' attention span had expired we all walked hand in hand to an ice cream parlor. But, before that, we bumped into a cool boutique with a bubble wand. We stopped to blow bubbles and chased them around. There was so much laughter and bouncing. Once we finally got to the ice cream parlor, there was a fun mess to be had on our faces with the rainbow ice cream....check out the faces!
I hope Isabela felt spoiled today, as I was.

No comments:
Post a Comment