I had pretty much predicted that on Sunday, Mother's day, the girls and Sammy would conjure up a delightful breakfast for me after letting me sleep in. I had a good idea that it would be sunny side up eggs, green salsa, corn tortillas and my favorite black refreid beans topped w/ cream and cheese. What I didn't predict is the little gift basket filled with plenty of my little favorite things. The basket looked like this:
Snickers bar (I only eat the nougat part!)
Lt. Butter Popcorn
Tyler Candle
Organic chocolate chip cookies
A box of Whoppers
In Style Magazine (I like to follow fashion)
and a movie rental featuring the only actress I crave to read about, Eva Longoria Parker
I also got like 5 cards from them and I got foot massages and hair massages on the couch. That's all I really wanted...my favorite people w/ a lot of my favorite little things..and oh, doing nothing w/ all of them!
Since it's Mother's Day, this is my little list for thanking the girls for giving me this great role. Here are just some of the list of things that can not be put in a basket, but I get every single day:
Crystal:
I love your assertiveness when it comes to things that are important to you, even when you respectfully challenge me when you disagree w/ my notions.
I love the way you have taken initiative with your academic responsibilities, especially applying to college and scholarships, you never needed me to push the matters.
I love the way you are so considerate of people in thinking about their feelings and stands on issues, you strive to make people smile.
I love the way you never complain about spending time with family, but always make sure there's a healthy balance with friends, too.
I love the way you bounce back from losses.
I love the way you have always respected and loved us as parents. As of today, I have only seen you roll your eyes once at me. (only once, right??)
I love the way you have always wanted to take the road less traveled and especially when it comes to fashion (saved us so much money).
I love the way you respect the value of a dollar and secretly pay for school stuff out of your allowance so that you don't have to ask us for it (but you know you could have).
I love the way you can hang out with a 3 year old just as easily as our 30 something year old friends.
I love the way you never whine about feeling ill, being unhappy or mad.
I love the way you love me.
I love the way we don't lie to one another and you tell me everything.
I love the way you trust God.
Isabela:
I love they way you say our names so sweetly.."mami, papi".
I love the way you have this insatiable need to fall asleep with my hand on your face.
I love the way you just told your doll as you lay her to sleep"Dora, no me voy, aqui estoy." (Dora, I am not going anywhere, here I am.)
I love the way you try to compromise with my instructions so that we all get what we want(good try, but it can't work that way).
I love the way you headed from the playground to our jogging stroller today, located the hand sanitizer, disinfected your hands and only to walk over and look into the baby's stroller to grab on Diego's feet and kiss him.
I love the way you wake up in the mornings and give me a hundred kisses.
I love they way you tell me every day how much you love your friends and want to see them.
I love the way you can eat any vegetable and fruit in front of you but still enjoy a good piece of candy.
I love the way you shared your baby and the stroller with a complete stranger today at the playground and all you did was sit back and watch her have fun.
I even love all of the "why?" questions lately.
I love the way you like girly things like hair, make-up and shopping!
I love the way you can be so daring when physically trying to get to the things you love.
I love the way you are so excited about finally going to a school.
I love the way you tell me you love me more than the stars.
I love the way you have always taken all your medications without complaints.
I love the way you crack us up and how that makes you so happy.
I love they way you always tell us "Mami, be careful, don't drive so fast." as we walk out the door.
I love the way you say "woohoo!" about just anything since you are very easy to impress.
I love the way you always thank God for everything and everybody you have before blowing a kiss to him.

No comments:
Post a Comment