Ok, Isabela is down for a nap, yes, it's 4:45 pm, but I can't complain, she NEVER takes naps. Boy, this is nice. Since naps ended when she was 2 years old, I don't really remember what I can do, so I am here... blogging. She went to bed at almost midnight last night after two birthday parties and woke up really early this morning for her cousin's First Communion Ceremony. Sammy is off with his dad for the next couple of days on a guided fishing trip in Louisiana. Crystal is hitting the books hard studying for an AP course exam (college level exam). Me? I have a movie, 27 Dresses, running in the background as I type away on the laptop sitting on my extended legs over my bed. AND I have no AC on, windows are wide open enjoying the 81 degree weather. Sammy would freak if he was here! I feel like a teenager, totally and spontaneously off course.
Actually, my "ME time" didn't start as soon as Isabela's beautiful little head hit the pillow. I had a scrumptious afternoon brunch today with one of my best friends. Originally, Sammy and I had planned on having lunch with Susan after her daughter's religious ceremony. But, last night, it just occurred to me that I really needed to give myself a treat and have "ME time". I asked him if he would be ok with letting me have Susan all to myself. Of course, he agreed. So, off we were, in The Woodlands Market Square. Egg Omelet and mimosas were on my menu and I had a fabulooous time talking like girls talk. Susan and I laughed, vented, celebrated and made plans. I usually have a hard time breaking away from the girls. I know better to take those breaks as it only rejuvenates me to only be a better mom. 3 hours, that was good enough...until the next time.

No comments:
Post a Comment