
People always ask Isabela what her favorite color is, her favorite cartoon, her favorite candy, her favorite book, etc. She never really has an answer to any of those questions. I guess we never think about "favorites" around here. There is no favorite blanket, no favorite doll, no favorite eating dish, no favorite way of doing something and no favorite parent. Just really no favorites. From the minute she came home, I made a conscious effort to not promote a cute, must-have object that she has to hold or sleep with. Being the kind of person who anticipates consequences, I didn't want Isabela to attach herself to an object and feel she could count on it, because the reality is, she can not. Plus, that's what her parents are for...to count on us. Selfishly, I also dreaded that moment that we would forget her "blankie" and she wouldn't know how to survive the night at Grandma's without it. I also dreaded the moment she would need a specific food in the fridge, because it's a favorite, and then have run out of it. Plus, why must one have favorites of everything? How about liking and loving so many for many different reasons, taking what God puts in front of you?
I guess it bugs me when she is asked about her favorites and some people find it odd that she does not have an answer. Don't get me wrong, I have them, we all have them, but Isabela is 3 yrs old and still trying to figure out life, why rush her? She needs a lifetime of trial and error. If you watch her, you will see that she will try almost every kind of food set forth in front of her, give every toy a chance, watch every new child play in front of her and let you pull a new book from the bookshelf.
But, she does hold fondness to certain things, right now, not necessarily favorites....
She will tell you that she LOVES....Kendrick and Diego, the babies in her life.
She LOVES Memorial Park.
She LOVES flaxseed in the mornings.
She LOVES her 48 pc. and 24 pc animal puzzles
She LOVES Mami :=)
She LOVES watching the Wonder Pets every evening with her Papi (the only tv show that makes her stop what she's doing)
She LOVES drinking water.
She LOVES her cousins and friends.
She LOVES swimming.
She LOVES reading books...any books.
She LOVES blowdrying her hair and applying make-up.
She LOVES Target.
But, she is certainly open to taking a look at what else is behind her...around her or right in front of her.

1 comment:
You are one of OUR favorites, Isabela!
Post a Comment