What can possibly be running through a seventeen year old's mind when she realizes this is it? I am excited, proud, unsure, and to some degree sad. I could say I am mostly excited because change doesn’t scare me, proud because of all my past accomplishments, unsure because I don’t know what I’m getting myself into, and sad because I must say good by to all the childhood careless good times and all the “could have been” possibilities. There is nothing I would change- I have grown up in two very loving homes. Ana (aka Brenda) and Sammy have sacrificed so much and have given me the greatest graduation gift- the chance and every tool to graduate. You guys have done for me what no one else could have-that is molded me and prepared me for life. The life I live now- the happiness I hold in my heart is all thanks to the love you were never responsible for but willingly give me every day ( even through all the lectures of my “shortcuts”). Now I will embark on a new chapter- a new stage where I must rely on myself alone to get the job done. That’s no problem- your parenting is done and you guys get an A+ (for effort at least!–kidding!) and although I say that now I must fly on my own, I know I can ALWAYS rely on you for anything- maybe that’s the greatest gift you’ve given me….at least one of many. So now that I have set my thoughts in writing, I say good night during these last ten hours of high school until I say good morning to a new beginning.
Crystal
Friday, May 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment